Shop & Win
Official Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT BANK OF SPRINGFIELD. UTILIZING ANY OTHER BANK SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. How to Enter: If you are a new or existing customer with a Bank Springfield VISA debit card for your checking account and use your debit card for purchases that post to your account between November 10th, 2023, and December 21st, 2023, you will be automatically entered to the contest for a prize. A purchase is a point of sale transaction. ATM transactions do not qualify. You do not need to fill out any additional forms, nor will any additional forms be sent to you.
If you do not wish to receive one automatic entry for each purchase made with a Bank of Springfield VISA debit card between November 10th, 2023, and December 21st, 2023, you must mail us at Marketing Contest/Do not Enter, Bank of Springfield, P.O. Box 19301, Springfield, IL 62794-9301 or email us at email@example.com and instruct us not to enter you. If you are not a customer of the bank and desire to enter the Shop & Win with BOS, print your name, address, telephone number on a “4×6″ card and mail the card to Marketing Dept./Shop & Win with BOS, Bank of Springfield, PO Box 19301, Springfield, IL 62794-9301. Limit one entry per household. Entry must be postmarked and received prior to the Thursday of each week’s drawing. Illegible entry materials will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for all third-party imposed costs and fees, including the cost of postage. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Participants agree not to hold Bank of Springfield, their employees and/or their affiliates responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage due or illegible entry materials.
3. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based upon Bank of Springfield’s estimate of 235,000 entries, the odds of winning are 15 in 235,000.
4. Contest Period: The contest period runs from 12:01 a.m. Central time on November 10th, 2023 to 11: 59 p.m. Central time on December 21st, 2023
5. Eligibility: To be eligible for the contest, you must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older and must not be considered a minor in your state of residence at the time of entry. Contest void where prohibited by law. Employees of Bank of Springfield, officials and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the contest. Any winning customer entry will be deemed to have been made by the individual named on the Bank of Springfield account on file.
6. Prizes: Bank of Springfield will randomly select one Grand Prize Winner of $3,000, one Second Prize Winner of $2,000, and one Third Prize Winner of $1,000 from all entries received between November 10th, 2023, and December 21st, 2023. One weekly prize drawing of $500 will include entries from the previous Friday - Thursday. Bank of Springfield reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Grand prize become unavailable for any reason.
7. Tax Issues: Bank of Springfield will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prize(s).
8. Winner Selection: The Grand Prize winners will be randomly selected by Bank of Springfield. All decisions will be final. The Winners need not be present and will be notified by phone and/or mail. The Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable. Prizes must be claimed in person within 30 days of drawing.
Bank of Springfield reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the contest and/or the redemption of the Prizes. All decisions are final and binding. Neither Bank of Springfield, not its employees, partners, and affiliates, are responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner.
Winners must claim prize in person within 30 days of drawing.
9. Liability I General Rules: Bank of Springfield is not responsible for any loss that may occur in connection with the contest. The Winners agree to hold Bank of Springfield harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Contest or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. Bank of Springfield and each of its officers, directors, employees, customers and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or the Winners arising from, or in connection with acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in the Contest. Bank of Springfield is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest. Furthermore, if there is any suspected evidence of tampering, hacking or interference with equipment or programming associated with the Contest beyond the control of Bank of Springfield and their partners which corrupts or impairs the administration, security or fairness of the Contest, Bank of Springfield reserves the right to disqualify any entrant deemed responsible for such corruption, suspend and/or terminate the Contest and select a Winner from the entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension. If the Contest is terminated prior to the promotional period, notice will be posted at the bank’s website. For a listing of Contest Winners or a set of these Contest Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winners List and Rules, Marketing Dept., Bank of Springfield, PO Box 19301, Springfield, IL 62794-9301.
10. Consent to Publicity and Release: By accepting a prize, Winners consent to permit Bank of Springfield to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other bank materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All entrants agree to release and hold harmless Bank of Springfield, its partners, employees, agents, representatives, and affiliated companies of any and all claims of any kind arising directly or indirectly from this Contest, any Contest Prize or from any publicity about the Contest.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Bank of Springfield in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, USA.